From RHJunior Comics Wiki
Gilly Gopher is the city-slicker boy who moved to Malarkey County thus to ridiculously have city life meet country life. Being spoiled with his urban sprawl life, he tends to have a stereotypical view towards country dwellers. Nevertheless, he's a glutton for humiliation, and bought a local farm to create "a showcase of all the latest and best in agricultural technique." Suppose, what he'd say about Country Christmas, "BAH HUMBUG!"
On a daily basis, his hobbies include working in his so-called gene-splicing laboratory (would be pronounced "LAH-BOR-IT-REE") on all kinds of zany inventions/experiments guaranteed to be failures! One of his creations is Zippy The Six-Legged Chicken, another is a stealth pig, and a third is a cow with functional feathered wings!
It's also possible Gilly has a feelings for Zelda Porcupine, beginning when he couldn't help but notice a familiar voice when she was on the air as Belle, an announcer at the local radio station. Nevertheless, he was still *prickly* toast when he made up a bickering excuse with her! But that wasn't the worst of his badmouthing. Earlier, Gilly made a nasty statement about large families being too expensive to financially raise, getting him in hot water with Mr. & Mrs. Lapine and family-brood. Yet another bombshell on Gilly was when he badmouthed another couple of locals, Ozark and Hayseed.
There are many words for `liberal lunatic' and Gilly Gopher would have to be one of them! Suppose he's just as bad as Gus Gunthrie -- though given Gus' opinion of "nancy boys", he's more likely to pound Gilly than to work with him.
- First appearance Nip & Tuck #7.
- Second appearance Nip & Tuck #9.
- First name given Nip & Tuck #15..
- First anti-Republican rant Nip & Tuck #17.
- First general rant Nip & Tuck #49.
- Beginning of population control rant Nip & Tuck #50.
- Gilly on freedom of expression Nip & Tuck #66.
- Gilly learns about civic pride Nip & Tuck #79.
- Gilly in the stocks Nip & Tuck #82.
- Acquires a farm Nip & Tuck #106.
- Gilly's six-legged chicken Nip & Tuck #113.
- Gilly learns about hemp Nip & Tuck #114.
- Gilly, the well-rounded individual Nip & Tuck #125.
- Gilly on education Nip & Tuck #155.
- Gilly for peace Nip & Tuck #165.
- Start of the six-legged chicken hunt Nip & Tuck #167.
- Gilly's buffalo wings Nip & Tuck #180.
- Gilly's "stealth pig" Nip & Tuck #181.
- Gilly on the Middle East Nip & Tuck #249.
- Gilly meets Ozark and Hayseed Nip & Tuck #316.
- Gilly on Byrd Nip & Tuck #340.
- Gilly and the melon Nip & Tuck #341.
- Gilly and the rocket Nip & Tuck #367.
- Gilly meets Corporal Bo Nip & Tuck #368.
- Gilly and the bugle Nip & Tuck #373.
- Gilly on Gore Nip & Tuck #552.
- Beginning of the "Belle" arc Nip & Tuck #553.
- Gilly admits his feelings for "Belle" Nip & Tuck #558.
- Gilly self-destructs Nip & Tuck #560.
- Gilly meets "Belle" Nip & Tuck #564.
- Gilly doesn't give up Nip & Tuck #571.
- House-sitting for the Todds Nip & Tuck #797.
- Gilly's first Malarkey County winter Nip & Tuck #798.
- Gilly meets Big Erl Nip & Tuck #839.
- Beginning of most recent appearance Nip & Tuck #868.